Here at Thomas Hardye We have worked hard to create a careers pathway that matches those outlined in the Gatsby benchmarks. We offer transparent and age appropriate information that matches the needs of the individual student. Our careers team are approachable and happy to help both students and parents with a wide range of resources to assist decisions about what to do next. We encourage students to look at the range of pathways available to them at key points in their school journey. We assist them in choosing those that will support their natural talents, skills and interests. We allow them to explore what different choices will mean for their futures and support them while they work towards those choices with determination and resilience. We provide opportunities for students to meet with employers to experience the diverse world of work and see how their subjects provide them with unique chances to develop their soft and hard skills. We also encourage students to explore their range of post 16 options to ensure they are making the best choice for themselves and the start of their careers journey.
For more information about the gatsby benchmarks, visit https://www.gatsby.org.uk/education/focus-areas/good-career-guidance
Thomas Hardye Careers Journey
- Introduction to Unifrog
- Complete the Futures skills quiz - this will show us if there are any careers learning gaps that need to be addressed.
- And more
- Mock interviews
- Duel services team challenge day
- Careers event where employers will come in and give talks with regards to their sector opportunities and what the job involves, routes in (Apprenticeship or University), wages and progression and what subjects you may want to consider.
- ASK apprenticeship talk
- And more
- Post 16 option week – where colleges will come and give a talk about what they offer including those that offer T-levels and Apprenticeships
- Ask apprenticeship talk
- Assembly to remind students what company apprenticeships are opening
- A-level choices
- University talk
- Sixth form open evening
- And More
More information specific to the Sixth Form can be found on the Sixth Form Futures Page
Are you an ex-pupil who is interested in giving back and supporting current students to thrive and aspire?
Do you or anyone you know have an interesting, different or individually created job that will show students possibilities that maybe they hadn’t considered?
Please contact Mrs Jones and ask to be added to the list to be informed of future events.
If you or someone you know wants to be involved in our careers provision and be added to our growing database for careers talks, become a mock interviewer, be involved in our Young Enterprise speed dating event. Then please contact one of the Careers Team with your availability and what event(s) you would like to be considered for.