- School & Community
- For Parents
- Sixth Form
- Our Links
- Contact Us
School uniform develops a feeling of self-esteem among students and does much to eliminate feelings of
inequality as well as projecting a positive image for the school. All students (other than the Sixth Form)
will wear the items of dress set out below.
The school asks for your co-operation to ensure that your child always comes to school wearing correct
school uniform. If for any reason this is not possible, please write a note to your child's tutor.
All students in the lower school have a locker for bags and coats.
DRESS COMMON TO ALL:
• Blazer – black with the school crest blazer badge
• Shirt – white, of sufficient length to be tucked in
• Tie – clip-on only, the correct colour for your child's college:
Ties are available to purchase from the School Office
• Jumper or Cardigan –v-neck, black, standard waist length
• Shoes – formal black school shoes, not trainers/canvas shoes
• Skirt or trousers – mid-grey, knee-length, pleated skirt or mid-grey trousers
• Tights or stockings – black or natural, not patterned, black ankle socks in summer
• Trousers – mid-grey
• Socks – grey
SPORTS AND PE
• Sports Top – black and red
• Sports Socks – black and red
• PE top – white t-shirt
• Sports shorts or skirt – black
Female students may wear one pair (only) of plain ear studs. Other body piercings are not allowed for any students.
Flamboyant or extreme hair colours and hairstyles are not acceptable.
If a student arrives at school in non-uniform items, (see list below), parents will be contacted and the student sent home to change:
Hooded tops, denim or leather clothing
Black trousers for either boys or girls
T-shirts with logos worn under shirts or blouses
Training/canvas shoes and soft shoes with logos
Parents should contact the School Office if they have any questions about personal appearance, hairstyles or uniform BEFORE purchase.